Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Freak Man . .

One day I was sitting with my brother in the garden in scorching summer’s day under the Mangoes’ tree and we were planning which movie we have to play this night, suddenly my cell phone rang, I left the phone and saw it was Kailash Babu, my uncle, we grown up and our education has held together, so he is like friend more rather than my uncle. I picked up call, he asked he has to hand over check to dealer and for this he will have to go Kaushambi District. Hearing the name of Kaushambi a great history started repeating in my brain, It has political significance too. So he asked me to give him accompany, seeing the terrible form of sun I gave him suggestion that why do not call to dealer to be here. He replied he can’t come because he has train in 3 hours, so we will have to move. I asked him I am not going to be roasted in this scorching noon on bike. He replied don’t worry bike is on over hauling and we will go there by van and come within 5 minutes if want to go. I assure him I am coming. I reached there in 2 min in same get up what I had, Kaperry and T’shirt and when he saw me and asked you don’t know where we are going and for what. I replied yes I do, “then why are you in this get up”, he pried and said we are going to business purpose, I passed comment really they make deal in trouser, If I am not wearing trouser; they are not going to deal. He smiled and said plz stop crap joke and get in van. We have to reach there as soon as possible.

He started van and put in geared, after few minutes’ drive we were on highway. I saw paper kept before me, I just left the paper and started reading, seeing this he asked, “I asked you to give me company and you are reading news paper, what a boring rider you are”, I replied him in funny way and said,” chal driving par dhyan de idhar udhar dhekhne ki jarurat nahi, jyada bola to sona suru kar dunga”. Hearing this he did not do nothing and speed up the van I saw the speedometer it was going to touch 90. After some times he asked me again, “Padhai mata k putr ab to band kar de”. “ Let me finish this sayri”, I requested, He asked me to finish it loudly, I started reading sayri

Kisi se milne ki thi arju

Khwah-ise- intezar me sab kuchh gava diya;

Kisi ne khabar di wo ayenge saam ko

Itna ujala kiya ki ghar tak jala diya..

He gave me compliment in which way I read the sayri as it was written by me and it was expressing all the pain of my heart. He asked me to keep paper and talk with him.

I talked with him for few min and then suggest him to play song, he gave me CD’s bag and said just chose and play I don’t like this CD’s song. I searched in the bag and found my most favorite song which is from Mohabbatien movie and the line of song was “ankhein khuli ho yaa ho band didar unka hota hai; kaise kahun mai yaara ye pyar kaise hota hai” and I played it in repeat mode. Due to seeing late night movie in yester night I started nodding, and he also did not disturb me.

A sudden jerk broke my nod, I saw that the van is stopped and his hand was on hand break. I asked him why the f**k you stopped the car, he replied I f**ked a man, that f**king man is under the van, and the f**king crowd is going to f**k us, I was shocked hearing so much F word, in place of my one, then I said then there is any idea or tactic to escape from this f**king crowd and asked him what was the speed of van, he replied not more than 20, due to speed breaker he slowed the car, feeling terrible butterfly now, and now maintenance of bone skeleton in their hand today we will have to count our broken bones. He asked me get off from the van, I got off from the van and saw that the man is lying under the van’s front and the wheel was just 4 inch away from his head, I thanked to God. As I looked around ,we were surrounded by the crowd and they seemed to go to kill us, I was imagining YAMRAJ in every person from the crowd who were going to kidnap our life, the Indian peoples only gather to beat to innocent or common man, they don’t stand up to corruption and demo gouge residing all over. Suddenly a good looking and smart police inspector came out from the crowd, when I saw that police inspector I felt that I have seen him somewhere, I was trying to find him in my neuron cell with name Harish what I saw on his name strip. He pried me,” Are you Pradeep”, I replied yes I am, and asked him how you know me. He replied me once you had helped me if you would not helped me then I would not have been inspector, this sentence remind me an incident of 11 months’ ago in which a dapper came to me pulling his pulsor bike the jet black goggle was making him more raunchy while I was sitting with my neighbor, he came up to us and asked,” My bike is out of fuel, and I have to reach examination center within 45 min for police admission test as this is very important for me”, I calculate the distance of petrol pump and draw a conclusion that if he would pull bike then he is going to reach petrol pump approximately in 35 minutes and from where the examination center is 10 km away. I asked my neighbor to give him petrol from bike standing beside the wall; he did so and gave him approximately 400 ml. petrol. He thanked us and pulled out his wallet and took out a 50 Rs. Note,I smiled and said,” I can’t take money because t his is not our business, I gave you fuel because you need this desperately. You need not give us money just return our fuel while returning” He thanked us, asked our name and said, “I will keep you remember dude. I smiled and said best of luck to him. “

The police inspector asked us to leave the place with van and assure us that he will handle this, but my uncle asked him where is hospital, he replied that hospital is 9 km away from here by same road, I asked him to help us to keep injured man in van, who was now in conscious state and had little scratch on his left hand, it seemed to be made deliberately. My uncle asked me to sit in van sharply as we are already late and we had 20 min to reach there. In the way I asked the man, “ Aap thik to hai agar hum apko hospital tak chhod de to aap apne se ilaz kara lenge na” , He replied,” Haan main thik hoon magar bahut dard ho raha hai, haan mai ilaz kara lunga”. My uncle asked me to give him 100 Rs. I denied that I don’t have purse as I am not wearing trouser and I don’t keep purse in Kapery as it drops from this. He stared at me and pulled out his purse and said give him bugs. I pulled 2 50’s Rs note and asked him to get bandage on wound and take some pain killer.

After few minute he asked us to stop van on next paan’s shop, my uncle did so, the man got off from the van and approached to paan’s shop, bought a cigarette and lit it up, took a deep puff and instruct us by his hand to go releasing smoke’s ring through mouth. On seeing this we looked at each other as we were cheated and we did not have time to argument with him and we had to cover approx 12 km distance in 10 min, my uncle geared the van, took accelerator and said in chorus, “Mother f**ker befooled us”, and he gave motion to van with the jerk releasing clutch sharply and I was thinking about that police inspector.




No comments:

Post a Comment