Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Day . .

A Day
I was taking breakfast sitting in front of my home in sunny winter morning. In the meantime I listen the hum of engine and rose my head what I saw my uncle’s friend got off from the car and approached me. I just stood up to greet him and said, “Good Morning Uncle.” He said, “Good morning . . . Pradeep” and asked “how are you.” I wished them Good morning and said “I am well as always.” I asked him to sit and said,”I am bring breakfast for you, uncle.” He forbade me and said, “Have a vet on this.” Showing me a file and said,” I’ll have breakfast after completion of this.” I thought for a moment how could a person can be dedicated to his work perhaps this is impact of Indian Air Force in which he have been pilot of helicopter. He left his job due to some family problem and settled permanently in Allahabad. He is smart and has perfect physique in 35’s age. I said,” uncle I don’t want to involve in these all things, just let me as I am.” He asked what is the problem with you, “there is no problem in doing work, but problem arise when the uncle don’t follow my plan and get losses and blame me.” He assured me there will be no such type of things happen. I agreed on his assuration and asked him to give me file. He gave me file and said, “Pradeep, I don’t have much time, I explain the main problem, think on that and come with possible alternative.” And he started explaining and I just kept going through the file along with his explanation. In meantime a voice which interjected our conversation, I abused on disturbing my concentration and raised my head from the file. It was a cute boy in rag, his eyes jet black were shining very much but he was looking malnourished.
The boy said, “I am very hungry, give me something for eat, I did not eat anything since yesterday.” I cursed myself for eating last fifth bread pakauda. I said him, “yaar maine to last piece bacha tha wahi kha raha hoon, aisa hai tu ek kam kar tuje paise deta hoon gali k kinare wali dukan se kharid lena.” I stood up and checked for my wallet but I did not found that goddamn wallet and search in my pocket for change thank god I found a 10 Rs. note and gave him. He became very happy as he got the treasure and moved from there. I asked uncle to continue, he finish the file in 10 minutes and stood up. I asked him to sit down and have some breakfast, but he forbade and said,” I have to attend meeting within half hour.” I said “ok Uncle,” I engaged in reading news paper after saying him good bye. He made alive the car’s engine, dropped the car in gear and released the clutch with waving me.
I heard some noise of people and kept the paper on table. What I see the people is running towards the confessionary shop, I stopped a man asked,” Kya hua” he replied,”1 ladke ka accident ho gaya hai.” I cursed the ADA for not making breaker or zebra line on road in such a crowded area and started reading paper again. Suddenly a thought broke my tempo and kept the paper on table and strode toward the accident place. The accident place was surrounded by the people. I never tried to see an accident body but that day I was struggling to see the boy. When I entered at the mid place I saw that the boy chest upper part has been trampled brutally and the blood was still pouring from the body. He was the same boy who asked me for food and now those foods were trampling by the people. A man told me a very fast moving truck rolled over him while he was crossing the road. " Alas!” I exaclaimed and moved away from the accident site, thinking which type of game this nature play with us..

No comments:

Post a Comment